Books of Amber

I have no idea what I am doing, but what else is new.

Gone - Michael  Grant I really enjoyed this book. The writing style is what initially drew me in, as well as the plot, because it is well suited for a young adult audience and the description/dialogue is very well balanced out. It is great not reading a book that has a focus on the dialogue with little description, and also not reading twenty pages about a tree. The plot is fast, and action packed. It was very hard to put this book down, as every time I was about to something would happen to make me have to carry on. I think I read this book in one day, as it was so good. Each of the main characters have a purpose, they are not just thrown in there. I found this to be brilliant, because there is a HUGE amount of characters in this book, and I applaud Grant for keeping up with them all. Each and every one was subject to some character development and I think that's exactly what every book needs. The protagonist was not perfect, as they sometimes are in YA book *cough*Edward*cough* and the antagonist actually had a reason to be bad. I loved that. The supernatural powers that some of the kids develop are very interesting, and I loved reading about them as I love books about superpowers and such. There is not much that I didn't like about this book - other than I didn't get the edition with the green pages! Why?? It is a great YA dystopian novel (yay, my favourite genre!) so it gets a very good rating!

Shift Omnibus Edition (Silo, #2) (Wool, #6-8)
Hugh Howey
Viral Nation
Shaunta Grimes
The School for Good and Evil
Soman Chainani
Fire in the East (Warrior of Rome 1)
Harry Sidebottom