Books of Amber

I have no idea what I am doing, but what else is new.

Past Midnight - Mara Purnhagen I did, originally, only pick up this book because I received an ARC for the sequel. I hadn’t previously heard much about this series as there hasn’t been as much hype for this as there have other books - at least on the blogs that I follow and read. However, I was pleasantly surprised!I’ve not read many books about ghosts. I think the last one I read was a Point Horror book back in middle school. This book was a great way to get reintroduced to the topic! I loved hearing about different hauntings, and how Charlotte’s parents went about their investigations and dived into various situations.I did find Charlotte’s personality, to begin with, kind of bland. But that’s only because she was trying to be inconspicuous! I would, too, if I had parents who were famous for ghost hunting!I found the ghosts in this book to be very creepy, they often sent shivers down my spine! There’s a lot of mystery going on in this book as well, and that aspect of the book was very interesting, I was kept hooked. I thought I’d figured it out, but with so little to go on, it was hard, and it turns out I was completely wrong. Sherlock Amber was duped this time.Overall, Past Midnight is a very fun read, and a surprisingly great book! I definitely recommend it if you enjoy reading books about ghosts - it’s so much fun! The second book in the series, One Hundred Candles, was released in February. Go grab a copy of this, now!

Shift Omnibus Edition (Silo, #2) (Wool, #6-8)
Hugh Howey
Viral Nation
Shaunta Grimes
The School for Good and Evil
Soman Chainani
Fire in the East (Warrior of Rome 1)
Harry Sidebottom