Books of Amber

I have no idea what I am doing, but what else is new.

Slated - Teri Terry Slated is nothing like I was expecting! It was a fantastic read, that I breezed through. Considering this is a big book, I managed to read it pretty quickly. And it had nothing to do with me being a reading machine!The dystopian world in which this book is set is wonderfully developed. I really enjoyed learning and reading about it, and I was so intrigued. The information about the origins of the dystopian world/government was spread thinly throughout the novel, giving just enough info at each time when it was needed. This is also something I could totally see happening with our current government, if we had the technology, which made it even creepier!I loved Kyla, the main character, because she was pretty kick ass. Her relationship with her new mother was something that I really enjoyed reading about, as the two had a great dynamic. I was also very interested in the doctor who runs the unit at the hospital, and I hope to learn more about her in the next book/s in the series!I don't have any sound feelings about the love interest and his relationship with Kyla. I feel very neutral about the whole thing, because I found him to be very bland. Perhaps if we had seen more of him and his development, I would have liked him more. However, that wasn't the case.For some reason I am not usually a huge fan of books set in the UK. I think it may have something to do with the writing style. That said, I really liked this! Ms Terry has an easy, flowing style that I was able to connect with. It made a 500 page book just fly by, and her writing style is one of the factors that made me love this book so much.Overall, this book is full of thrilling suspense, mystery and intrigue. I'd definitely recommend it to fans of dystopian fiction, and those who would enjoy a more realistic dystopian world in particular.

Shift Omnibus Edition (Silo, #2) (Wool, #6-8)
Hugh Howey
Viral Nation
Shaunta Grimes
The School for Good and Evil
Soman Chainani
Fire in the East (Warrior of Rome 1)
Harry Sidebottom