Books of Amber

I have no idea what I am doing, but what else is new.

Undeadly (Harlequin Teen) - Michele Vail Review also posted here: http://www.booksofamber.com/2012/11/undeadly-by-michele-vail.htmlThe plot of Undeadly was fun and fast paced. The Egyptian mythology was woven into the story really well, and there were no huge info-dumps at all, which I really appreciated. I find that some YA books, when including mythology such as this, often try to throw everything at the reader at once but that wasn't the case with Undeadly. The mythology was very unique, and it's something that I loved reading about. I've read books about reapers before, but the Egyptian aspect was new to me. It's definitely convinced me to check out more books based on Egyptian mythology!Molly was a great protagonist. She sounded and acted like a sixteen year old girl, which was both realistic and entertaining. She was the perfect mix of snarky, friendly and polite. It made me really feel for her when certain things were revealed in the story. Vail's writing style worked really well with Molly's character, too.The only thing I disliked about the novel was how predictable it was. I knew almost exactly where the story was going from about fifty pages in, and I knew who the bad guy(s) would be, and what the 'surprise' reveal was going to be towards the end. This took away from my enjoyment of the story, because I love being surprised while reading.Undeadly was a great read, and I'll definitely be reading the next book in the series, Unchosen, when it's released next year.

Shift Omnibus Edition (Silo, #2) (Wool, #6-8)
Hugh Howey
Viral Nation
Shaunta Grimes
The School for Good and Evil
Soman Chainani
Fire in the East (Warrior of Rome 1)
Harry Sidebottom