Books of Amber

I have no idea what I am doing, but what else is new.

Storm (Elementals, #1) - Brigid Kemmerer I absolutely adore stories about people who can wield the elements in some fashion, and while I definitely went into this expecting to like it, I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did! The entire book had me hooked, and the amount of emotions I experienced while reading it was insane.I feel as though I'm about to fangirl, but I shall rein myself in. Just for you.The story is told from the points of view of both Becca (the girl who's bullied after a rumour is started about her sleeping with the football team) and Chris (Merrick. That is all.) Both points of view were a wonderful read, as I adored both of the characters and the events that happened in their chapters.It was a little difficult to read at times because Becca had absolutely no idea about Chris being able to control (which is a bit of a strong word for what he can do right now, but still) water, but I already knew all that. There was no big AH-HA! moment for her either, and she just sort of accepted it when she found out. This didn't feel out of place, though, because so much stuff had happened between the two of them and she would have been an idiot if she hadn't caught on eventually.I just have to say, I absolutely adored the Merrick brothers. They're my new favourite siblings, next to the Winchesters. Each one of them had their own unique personality and their own background, and they were all given a lot of time to shine considering that all but Chris were secondary characters. I'm not sure if I have a favourite out of the four of them, although while reading this I definitely liked Gabriel the most. Now, I think I may be in love with Michael.I should probably also mention that I read this book and the sequel (and the prequel novella) one after the other, so my feelings are a little mixed up. That said, the fact that I did read them like that should show you that I ADORED this book! It was action packed, and full of awesome family feels (which I adore all of the time) and the characters were THE BEST.There is a love triangle in this book, but don't let that put you off. It's really not that awful, and Becca does go backwards and forwards a TINY WEENY bit, but it's not Twilight or The Vampire Diaries. You needn't worry.I'm trying to think of something else to say so I won't break into fangirling mode, which is usually reserved for Twitter and Tumblr. Erm... THIS IS SUCH A GREAT BOOK YOU GUYS I AM IN LOVE WITH THESE BROTHERS AND THIS AUTHOR /fail.In all seriousness, GO AND PICK THIS UP NOW.

Shift Omnibus Edition (Silo, #2) (Wool, #6-8)
Hugh Howey
Viral Nation
Shaunta Grimes
The School for Good and Evil
Soman Chainani
Fire in the East (Warrior of Rome 1)
Harry Sidebottom