Books of Amber

I have no idea what I am doing, but what else is new.

Lies Beneath - Anne Greenwood Brown This was one of the most boring books I have ever read. I managed to finish it, but only because a) I got it for review and I always feel bad when I DNF review books and b) I already have a less than satisfactory DNF list for this year and I didn't want to add another.The plot didn't draw me in in the slightest. The premise sounds interesting but it just fell flat. I can't even explain why it did, I was just so bored. I think it was probably to do with the characters.Calder, the main male protagonist and the guy whose POV we get, was a complete idiot. He took to stalking the love interest, even taking it so far as to camp outside her house. And for some reason she fell for him. I don't get the attraction, to be honest. He's broody, tries to kill her dad and is just plain dull.There was also some awkward non-incest in there (you'll understand if you've read it) that completely turned me off. I was already skimming at this point, but once I read that I just didn't feel the urge to try any more.So yeah, this isn't the book for me. At all. I wasn't connected to the story, the characters or anything, and I certainly didn't like the protagonist. Sorry this review was a bit dull, but I really don't have much to say about it because, much like my review, Lies Beneath lacks substance.

Shift Omnibus Edition (Silo, #2) (Wool, #6-8)
Hugh Howey
Viral Nation
Shaunta Grimes
The School for Good and Evil
Soman Chainani
Fire in the East (Warrior of Rome 1)
Harry Sidebottom