Books of Amber

I have no idea what I am doing, but what else is new.

Tiger, Tiger - Lynne Reid Banks This book was an absolute pleasure to read and overall I thought it was absolutely outstanding.The book is about - as you may have guessed - two tiger cubs, who are captured by hunters and taken to Rome. Once in Rome they are separated, one (Boots) becomes a pet in the house of Caesar and the other (Brute) is caged underneath the Colosseum and trained to fight in the arena.After a while, the story starts to focus more on Auriela - Caesar's daughter - and her cousin Marcus, who play a prank on Boots the tiger's trainer, Julius. They hide Boots and claim he has escaped. Their plan backfires when the tiger really does escape, and Julius must find him again or he will be put in the arena against the very animals he trains.The books goes on, and we see the two tigers - now fully grown - reunited, one tame and the other a vicious beast.The character development is brilliant, Aurelia turns out to be a very brave girl and the rest of the characters are just as engaging, much like the plot.If you like animals and historical fiction then this book is for you - although it is guaranteed to make you cry!Rating: 5/5

Shift Omnibus Edition (Silo, #2) (Wool, #6-8)
Hugh Howey
Viral Nation
Shaunta Grimes
The School for Good and Evil
Soman Chainani
Fire in the East (Warrior of Rome 1)
Harry Sidebottom