Books of Amber

I have no idea what I am doing, but what else is new.

Hunger - Jackie Kessler This book was simply brilliant. The reader is immediately thrown into the plot, which contains various amounts of action and fantasy, as well as sticking to the main theme of the novel - anorexia. Jackie Morse Kessler is speaking from a topic of experience, and this shows in her writing, as the main character Lisa talks about her new best friend's bulimia and Lisa's own extravagant eating patterns and exercise techniques. The plot flows well, and at no point did I feel bored with what was happening. It was all very intriguing, and at less than two hundred pages it was a very easy read. The main character, Lisa, was a very likable character who I think teens and young adults will be able to connect with easily. It is clear that she has very little self esteem for a multitude of reasons, most of which leading back to her mother and what Lisa thinks her mother thinks of her. The other characters, understandably, play a lesser role however they are all key to the plot. The other Horsemen of the Apocalypse are all very interesting chracters, even if they haven't been completely explored as of yet - that's what sequels are for!I think that overall, this book is very good - even great - and it is very imformative on the problem of anorexia and I think it will help teenagers and young adults understand the issues with anorexia and bulimia. The fantasy element of the plot adds so much to the story, and I think people of all ages will love this book - not just the target audience.

Shift Omnibus Edition (Silo, #2) (Wool, #6-8)
Hugh Howey
Viral Nation
Shaunta Grimes
The School for Good and Evil
Soman Chainani
Fire in the East (Warrior of Rome 1)
Harry Sidebottom